Terms and Conditions - Rental Items
Here is some pretty boring, but important information for you to read about our rental item booking process. Before you undertake the fun stuff (chatting with us about planning your event space) take a read so before you pay your booking fee, you understand our booking process.
By paying your booking fee, the hirer agrees to the following terms and conditions in relation to the rental of Koko Event Supplies' Hire Items.
Setup, Delivery and Collection of Hire Items:
- The hire price for the items listed on the Koko Event Supplies website does not include setup and delivery.
- Setup and delivery fees are calculated in the quoting process and are dependent on your location.
- If the event space is located up a flight of stairs, additional setup and delivery fees apply to allow for an extra pair of hands to lift the items upstairs.
- If on arrival, Koko Event Supplies has not been notified of this, the hirer must pay the additional upstairs fee within 48 hours of delivery.
- Additional setup and delivery fees may apply if there is inadequate access for a delivery vehicle whereby the delivery driver has to park a distance away from the venue.
- Any paid parking incurred by the delivery vehicle will be charged to the hirer within 48 hours of delivery.
- The hirer must ensure the measurements of the rental items supplied by Koko Event Supplies are able to fit into the event space.
- This includes measurements of the event space, as well as the measurements of doors and all access ways into the event space. If in the event that Koko Event Supplies is unable to fit the items into the event space or access ways, Koko Event Supplies has the right to refuse delivery without refund.
- The hirer agrees that they are liable for all injury, loss and/or damage suffered by Koko Event Supplies, our employees or agents, while at the Delivery Address.
- Koko Event Supplies will not be liable for any injury, loss and/or damage suffered by the hirer, or any other person, as a consequence of the Hirer’s use of the equipment.
- The collection date and time of the hire items will be decided during the booking process. Koko Event Supplies, must be able to gain access to the event space during that collection date and time.
- If, for any reason, Koko Event Supplies is unable to gain access to the delivery address and the event space for delivery or collection, there will be additional delivery fees for each additional delivery and collection.
- A security deposit is required for all Rental Items. This is calculated at quotation and is dependent on the value of the rental items.
- In the case that there is no evidence of damage to the rental items, the security deposit will be refunded to the hirer within 2 business days after the delivery date.
- In the case that there is evidence of damage to the rental items, the security deposit will not be refunded to the hirer.
Payment Terms and Conditions
- In order for the hirer to book the rental items, a booking fee is required to be paid and cleared within 3 business days of booking. If, for any reason, this booking deposit is not paid and cleared within 3 days, the rental items will become available to other hirers.
- The booking fee is 50% of the entire order value, including:
- 50% of the Items Hired
- 50% of the Setup and Delivery Fee
- 50% of the Security Deposit
- The balance of the entire order value must be paid and cleared within 7 days of the delivery date and time. If, for any reason, the balance is not paid and cleared within 7 days of the delivery date and time, the hire items will not be delivered.
Cancellations Terms and Conditions
- If, for any reason, the hirer has to cancel the Rental Item booking, the following terms apply:
- If the booking and delivery is cancelled prior to 60 days of the delivery date and time, the hirer is eligible for a full refund.
- If the booking and delivery is cancelled within 60 days of the delivery date and time, the hirer is not eligible for a refund of either the booking deposit or the balance if the balance has been paid.
- If, in the event that Koko Event Supplies is unable to supply the Hirer with the Equipment, or any part of it, because of a previous Hirer not making the Equipment available for collection, then Koko Event Supplies may cancel the Hirer’s order.
- In the event that Koko Event Supplies is required to cancel the Hirer’s order due to the above reasons, then Koko Event Supplies:
- will, within three (3) Business Days of the Hirer being notified of the cancellation, refund all amounts paid by the Hirer to Koko Event Supplies; and
- will not be liable for any loss or damage that the Hirer may suffer, arising from, or caused or contributed by, Koko Event Supplies’ cancellation due to the above reasons.